Monday, May 26, 2008

A trip to Bangalore

Since the last 2 years i was so desperate to go to Bangalore. All the talk about Bangalore made me more curious. It was fuelled due to the presence of many of my friends there. My desperation was to an extent where i thought i would attain 'Moksha' only aftr visiting it. So finally after a months preparation involving by-hearting the error mesgs dat come on railway reservation site and packing essential things, we left for Bangalore on Friday, 9th of may.

To my utter disbelief, there weren't any F-16 to F-25 on the reservation chart pasted outside our bogey :(. With a heavy heart, we parked ourselves on the seat. Its a 12 hour long tiring journey. Mr. sincere (Ram) was waiting for us at the station. The way we hugged each other wud have made even the "bichde-hue-bhai-ka-milna" scene look foolish. Before anyone doubted the straightness of our gender, we decided to break and head straight to his room. We were as planned as sehwag before he goes to batting. Had to call to some people for planning the actual things for the day. Below, follows the sequence of things happened from this point .

10th May, Saturday :

It was around 2pm already by the time we reached ram's place and got freshened up. Didn't wanted to waste anymore time. Called some people who were very reluctant to come out. I had to convince them dat iam no 'shakti kapoor ka distant relative' nor there was any 'inam' on my head. Finally we decided to meet at a place. There comes the one i was waiting for since 30 mins. Every girl who got down seemed to be like her. I sometime even wished they were the ones i was waiting for :-D. After the hellos n hais, n some utter non-sense lunch, we headed to their place. I was taken aback firstly by the remoteness of the place and secondly by their hospitality. I really liked the place and the people there. Actually i felt at home. Its was already 7pm by then. Next plan was to go to a place called "Forum" and to meet my supposedly friend. It was the weirdest meeting anyone can have given its aftr 1 n half yr. Went straight back to room and slept at 12.30 AM.

11th May, Sunday :

4.30 in the morning on a Sunday, wat else can u say. Actually i was frustrated with the constraints the 'supposedly friends' were putting the other day. How the heck in the world cud ppl come to a conclusion with those constraints. I thought it was time to move-on n we three morons started off to Mysore at 6 AM. The journey from bglr to Mysore was an awesome one. The climate, the trees, the greenery, everything was nicely set. Frankly ispeeking, my enthu for going to historical place can as be well compared to lalu's interest for rock music. Social studies was neva an interesting subject for me. I was more interested in the teacher who was teaching social studies rather than the subject itself :D (boys will be boys ;) ) . So, where was i ?. Oh ya, we first landed at Srirangapatnam, and took a tanga to move around the nearby places. Iam still wondering whether we saw all the places which he was reading out when we were negotiating with him. Nevertheless we started off on tanga. The way ppl were looking at us made us check whether everythingz was alrite with us. The worst part was the dat girls were gazing at us as if the animals were carried in a cage to a nearby zoo. Actually it was me who opted for a tanga as we seldom get chance to have ride on a horse here. I did enjy it too without bothering abt the on-lookers.

As 11th of may is a mother's day, i thot i wud gift smething to my mom n bhabi. I told our tanga-wala to stop at a saree store as Mysore sarees are very famous. Now the worst part of it, iam a worst shopper. I do end up making my frnds scratch their head during my shopping. N here i had to buy sarees :( . N u thot controlling inflation was the most difficult task. I just told him to show me sarees in a particular range n i picked the one which looked good without even bothering abt the length or the border or any other crap. They said that the sarees wud be delivered aftr sme days to our place. I was happy dat i wudn't end up thrown from the home as soon as i reach.

We went to Tippu sultan's palace, and the place where he died, buried. Next we headed to Brindavan gardens. I really liked it. We had a ball of a time there. Iam still awaiting for the pics. We went bizarre with our cam like 3 monkeys released from the zoo. It was already 7 PM by then. Then we went to Mysore palace. Aftr dat we headed straight to bglr n then to our room. It was 1 AM by the time we reached room.

12th May, Monday :

Ram works in HAL. He was very adamant on showing his knowledge abt the fighter aircrafts n the service their project render to the aircraft.
Museums stands at 1st position in my list of "most boring things". I had to drag myself for the sheer enthu of ram as he was hell bent on proving things here. I was more interested in the lady who was reading book there than the fighter aircrafts. After dat we went to shiv temple. We thot of going to iskon temple but we didnt had time as we had to catch our train at 6 PM. We thot of going to a nearby place so dat we cud return back early. We headed straight to Lal bagh. Mr. sincere's (ram) lack of knowledge about places in bglr made us walk for 45 mins in the scorching sun to reach Lal bagh. We were reluctant to get into an auto coz of the incident we had on sunday night. If u dnt guide the autowallahs they wud take u for a city ride.

Finally we reached Lal bagh. I heard abt it from my frnds. But then i thot it wudn't be dat bad either. Generally anywhere we wud have 'lover's association of India' member's presence in the park. I was utterly amazed by their sheer courage. They were to prove their "pyar ki shakti" n their isolation from the outside world. I dnt knw abt the IT progress, but the lovers in bglr are way ahead than their counterparts in Hyderabad. Actually it was embarrassing (now u don't lower ur left eyebrow n say , is it ? ).


It was already 4 PM by then. We reached our place, packed things and headed straight to majestic( I dnt knw if its the rite name. I was always calling it magistrate) railway station. There was a tinge of dis-satisfaction that the ppl whom i called my "very gud frnds" had very little time to spend with me. This time the reservation chart showed 3 F-16 - F-25's in our bogey :D. Its other thing that we didnt even talk to them in the whole journey.

13 th of may tuesday, i reached my home by 7.30 AM. Then was off to office by 9.30 AM.

So Finally if i have to sum -up the whole experience in one line, "Its was gud, but it cud have been bettr".

'Namma karnataka' zindabad :P.

P.S : Oh forgot, the sarees have come. N guess wht, My mom actually liked them :D :D. I really felt gud as it was the first time i gifted anything to my mom. I don't know if iam actually feeling gud aftr the trip, but surely sme things have ruined.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

guess wat.. i ended up readin t entire post..
thank u for everything

Anilz said...

Atually i shud be saying it ....
Thnk u for everything. Yes, mayb it was my mistake to expect many things. Can't help it, dats the way iam. I didnt mean to hurt anyone here. Iam very sorry. I guess i over-acted. Jus cant take it frm ppl, whom i think are close to me.

TaSnEeM said...

u seemd to have had a helluva time paaji.. u shall remain the pessimist dat u r:P:P it cud have been better kate... kabhi kuch bas hoga hi nahi kya paajiii :P:P, n hey! not a word to manso ok!! jab tak m there, no fighting u guys!

waise paaji bohottttt lamba tha.. but i thot u;d include more stuff on the palaces n places u visited, unke baare me naam k ilawa kuch hai hi nahi... hmm pass on snaps once u have ;em... waisee.. u know, the girls who watched u move in dat tanga mst'v been confused identifying kaun kisko chala raha hai :P:P isliye d lookss :P:P:P

but accha hai.. u had a nice time.. n lucky dat ur mum liked d sarees :P:P, else like d way u descriped shoppin for it.. u already made a blunder :P:P

Anilz said...

Hey I already mentioned rite, iam no lover of the ancient sculptures or heritage. For me these trips are jus freaking-out with frnds. B/w, jus google the places n enjy :P. I knw, dat was very infomatory :D.
Hey it was my frnd who felt bad, i was having fun. N this :@ n again :@@ for ur PJ :P.
Hmmm actually in a way it was gud. N abt the sarees part, i thot i wud end up winning bumper offers like "no food for 2days" and "one night sleep on our apts terrace, with mosquitos included".
Par u knw wht, 'hamara taste hi very tasteful hai'. Ab batao iska matlab kya hai :P.

TaSnEeM said...

kabse yahin atke hooo??? may has gone zamaaaana pehl, june aaya bhi gaya bhi.. july may bhi no post kyaaaaaaaa??