Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dreams Unlimited

Dreams do come true. Period. 

Warning : I might sound more philosophical than a guy whoz completely drunk.


Now playing (When i started writing this blog) :  "Chadi mujhe  yaari teri aisi ... jaise daaru desi". From cocktail movie.

Current location  :
 Sitting on this bed with my back to the wall in London house, Calgary, Canada.



Cut to 2 yrs back (2010, may):
------------------------------

     I joined IBM. Went to office for just 6 months and then started working from home. Work from home to a unmarried guy who's frnds put up a board "available Only on weekends : Conditions apply * " is a curse.

I was really missing the team culture, the environment. Used to get frustrated most of the days.

Tried out many things. Search for a home for almost an year without much success. It was not meant to be. The time had not come for it i guess. Was bored to death.
   
No marriage, No home, No project team, and weekends only after 5 dreadful days. Life sucks man.


Cut to 3 months back ( Starting May, 2012) :
--------------------------------------------

I decided it was high time i get into some project which has something like a team and where i can go to office to work. Started searching fr projects. I had narrowly missed one oppertunity for Germany. "Life Sucks" sequel continued.

Then i got a call for Canada project, n i got through luckily :-). Any normal human being would jump in joy and spend more than month's Canadian salary on treating frnds n family. Not me. I knew Raahu and Khetu were my best frnds for 2 yrs. They wudn't let me go jus like that and my happiness might be short lived.

Did not say a word about the opportunity with anyone. None. Not even to Mom. It was too good to be true for me.

Here's the background about my travel. I have neva been out of my home for a period of more than 15 days at a strech. Never. Promise.

Stayed in a 4 star hotel for the first 11 days. The only good thing i found about this place was the shower, and the bed. No wonder i took more showers than i would normally take in a week. No Number guessing here pls :P. Here i was, alone in pune. Akon singing "lonely ..." all the while in my head. Completely new place, with no one to talk to. "Life Sucks" revisited.

I told to myself in comforting tone, 'this too shall pass'.

Then i met one of my old frnds, Vishnu mutyala, in Pune. We used to have a blast every weekend after the initial 1 week. Life seemed good for now.

Here in my company, the process for applying for visa is pain in the ass. Its as if u r getting married, and you have to prepare everything by yourselves. Cards, decoration, food, etc. Every DAMN thing man. The word 'busy' was redefined for me.


Sunday, July 1st, 2012 IST :
----------------------------

    I used to always think that my first flight journey should be to onsite. Trust me. I had an option to fly to Pune from Hyderabad and return, on company's expenses. I took bus instead. Call me crazy, fool, %&*^*&^&^^^%$%()))*^%^%$. U r welcome :-).


I had seen most of the guys wear suit while going abroad. Join the bandwagon i say.



My B'day is on 3rd July. I would be in Canada on this day. So my family members wanted to celebrate my b'day 2 days in advance. Here it is.

With my nephew.

This Pics has been added jus coz iam missing home.


Don't be shocked. Close to 20 people came to airport to send me off :-). Mostly family members and why not. I am the first guy in my whole family to leave the country. No mean achievement this :P. ** Trying to pull my banian and swing it like Ganguly **.

My jouney in pics.

at Frankfurt airport.

Waiting for my flight. Still at Frankfurt,


July 2nd, 3.45 PM Calgary Time.
-------------------------------

Just landed in calgary. Only Just. Head is spinning. The realization has not sunk in. Feeling totally out of place. A quick look around and the locations seemed familiar. I would have seen them in numerous crap telugu movie songs.

The Dream of going Abroad is realised. Done. Am I on cloud nine ? Nope, still in Calgary airport :P.


July 3rd :
----------

    In my hotel room, without any means to talk to my family or friends. A birthday to remember for this life. Who gets this kind of gift neways.

    No Phone, No Laptop, No Family, No Friends. Sounds familier ? Hell ya ... Still, Lifez good man.



PS:
    Now Playing (Still) : "Chadi mujhe  yaari teri aisi ... jaise daaru desi"

    The word 'desi' itself gives that "high" man.

PPS :   Dont stop dreaming. They do come true :-).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm .. Firstly .. Typo here... "oppertunity" ... Spoke to Muralikrishna sir about ur english .. Chaddi utaar ke maarega beta tujhe :P

btw .. good one ..U sound weird at places .. but all in all .. i would give 3.5/5 for ur journey :)

TaSnEeM said...

:-)
enjoy before 'life sucks' comes to say hi .... Its usually round d corner when u think ur on dat 'high'.....

TaSnEeM said...

:-)
enjoy before 'life sucks' comes to say hi .... Its usually round d corner when u think ur on dat 'high'.....

Ranjith said...

Nice one.. liked your suit foto.. Super Anil Bhai.. One of your three desperations are fulfilled.. All the best for other two..! :)

Srujan YM@ said...

Nice writing anil .. Straight from heart ... Happy that u r enjoying the life.

Phanindra G Venkata said...

ke kaaaaaa ....