Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My First Love.

All the ppl in the town, wake up to the sound.
On the beat, lets start the hmmm.
There u go ... Here i come ...

I ain't Pritam's distant relative to expertise plagiarism. The above lines are the original (Disgusting) wrk of yours truly. I guess the above ill rhymed, fractured lines are needed to announce my arrival. I know even dogs won’t bark on hearing those. 11 months to be precise, the time i have been away from this place. A baby born on the day of my last post wud have grown sensible enuf to pee by themselves in bathroom by now. I generally find blogging PITA*.

Coming to the topic of the post, oh ya ... My first Love ....

For those unfortunate ppl who know me in person : Can u ppl guess ?. (I can c some of u wearing 'as-if-i-care' look)

8th standard classmate who's name starts with P ? No. My 9th class Physics teacher ? No, not again.



Its Cricket :) . I don't mind even if u jump ur gun saying 'another fool joining the 1 billion (Fool's) group'. For those disappointed souls, 'i have other better post on my blog'.


Disclaimer :

Ppl allergic to ckct (and the ones who say that they watch only India- Pak finals) are advised to jump to the last Para of this post.

Blame it on my fate, i lived most part of my childhood among ckct fanatics. The place where we used to stay was surrounded by "pass the time by playing ckct" type ppl. There were Mechanic shops, grocery shops, etc in our 'mohalla'. Everyone used to leave their works for sme time n play ckct in the lane. Iam nt kidding. This is the very 'mohalla' where my ckct debut happened in 1994. Ever since, many things have broken, like Neighbor's windows, My own fingers, Sometimes Hands n legs too.


I still fondly rememba the days when 'Sunday' was synonymous to 'Play-all-day-in-hot-sun'. A typical holiday would start at 7 am in the morning at our local ground and wud end when ball goes out of the sight due to light. No Flood lights u c. By the time we (Me n my Ckct crazy elder Bro) reach the home, Our faces wud be pitch black, un-recognizable, food starved (Seriously, When u strt playing its only Win or Loss. So food doesn't come thr). We know by now dat Mom wud be as furious as a hungry tiger. Now to enter the house we have to face the Dragon ( mom :) ). We wud employ diff strategies like, keeping a sympathetic face (or even crying at times), Doing sme out-door wrk, Get some groceries, Fill water from the tank, etc to pacify her.

After joining college, Movies n other un-mentionable things took the front seat. It was only watching ckct n playing occasionally in college. The best place to watch ckct is on the TV sets of crowded roadside shops. U wud find all the 'self made' ckct experts n coaches talking abt how Sachin shud be concentrating on his shots rather than wasting time adjusting his crouch guard.

Now in the company, it is reduced to having a cricinfo site quietly sitting on my System's task bar. I can c many 'soft'ware souls saying 'same with us'. Its really hard to miss when 'men in blue' are playing. Some times i feel dat its not jus another sport, but a way of life. It wont be a exaggeration if i say "a day's mood is set by Indian ckct match". Feel happy when they win, n equally break anything around them when team losses. It applicable fr most of the ckct follower's in india. I still rememba the time i screamed my lungs out when india won the T20 World cup in 2007. Moments like these are Priceless.

For the ckct allergic ppl, don't scroll down more coz u have reached the last paragraph. If some of u are still waiting for me to expand PITA, then i wud say 'Have u heard anything dat sounds Google ?. Help urselves'. N for the ones who have already googled it by now, good, u suffer from 'Acute Syndrome of Searching Information'. In short, u r addicted to Google. Ppl of these types sometimes do search for their neighbor's daughter's pet's name (Jus in case to impress dat chick). N stop the search when they accidentally find her boyfrnd's name :p. Irony of life, i say.


Ciao ....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expressions are v.v.v realistic compaired to your speach....WHICH IS MAKING ME FALL IN LOVE WITH YOUR 1ST LOVE.......
Leena....

Ranjith said...

Refreshing blog... Love reading this again and again, as a Cricket freak... It clearly shows how fanatic you are... Your blog shows how cricket became part of our life. May be it will be 'Way of our life'. Keep blogging dude...

TaSnEeM said...

paaajiiiii!! how r u ? i know that extraordinary jump to d last para wa for me ;) m glad you thought of me while reading it but m also surprised that u still expect me to drop by ur blog, but what surprises me all the more is, i actually jumped to d last para n dint bothr to read the beech ka stuff :D

TaSnEeM said...

oops dats was 'while writing it' not reading it :D

yea i still m used to making mistakes while leaving comments n then correcting myself by another comment ;)

Anilz said...

@ Tasneem OMG !!! I dont believe this ... U tasneem rite ? ... the eva elusive tas ? ... Ok. No more of OA. Its very gud to have to here. Tell me howz it going on with u ?. R u promoted ? dnt ask me in wht. Iam waiting to hear news from u. If u think this place is too small to accomodate ur thots ... Do drop me a mail.

Naveen said...

I am about post a blog on love story and thought this would help me :)
Love with cricket is huge twist in your story, at least for me :-)

Unknown said...

Nice blog.. this invoked some nostalgic memories in me. Seriously.."those were the days". While the phase might sound cliched couldn't find anything better to use.

My memories were pretty similar to yours except for the fact that I never did anything that would please my mom :D